Department : Film Studies
Designation : GPTT
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualification : 1st Class 1st Post Graduate (M.A.) in FILM STUDIES from Jadavpur University, 1997. Recipient of University Gold Medal.
Specialization : Pursuing Ph. D. at Jadavpur University, Dept. of Film Studies.
Title registered : “Technoreality and the Human Subject in Contemporary Bombay Cinema.”
Interest Areas : Cultural influences of Indian TV channels on the national audience of Bangladesh.
War and cinema.
Imagination of technoscience in mainstream Indian cinema.
- Worked as a guest lecturer at St.Xavier’s College, in the dept. of Film Studies and Videography.
- Working as Govt. approved part time lecturer at Rishi Bankim Chandra Evening College, Naihati, Dept. of Flim Studies since Dec. 1999 and as Teacher In -charge since Aug. 2004.
- Served as visiting faculty in Barrackpore Rastraguru Surendranath College since academic session 2001 till 2004.
- Served a management post as lecturer in charge of the Film Studies Dept. in Loreto College (July 2004- May 2012).
- Has been teaching in the dept. of Communicative English at Loreto College specializing in the paper on television and scriptwriting from 2005.
EXPERIENCE IN FILM / VIDEO PRODUCTION
Produced two institutional docu-features: Ganga, the Life-boat in Dec.04 and Rishi Bankim Chandra Evening College – Visions of the Past/ Challenges of the present (Dec.16)
As workshop supervisor for students’ audio- visual, NSS and short film projects from 1999 till date.
Publications (Articles in Books and Journal)
- Article on women in advertising media published in Aug. 2001 Manabi issue of “LOUKIK UDYAN”
- Dissertation entitled ‘THE OBSCURE OBJECT OF DESIRE’ relating Advertising Media to Psychoanalysis
- Written for Chitralipi & other FFSI journal, Eisenstein issue: Lenser Lenin: Bibartaner Lynchpin
- Edited the Loreto College Cine- Society & Film Studies departmental annual journal CINESCOOP regularly (2006-2011).
- ‘Media, Culture-Politics & Xenophobia’ – the case of media interactions trans-border India & Bangladesh – published in LOOK EAST, 2009 issue. (ISSN NO. 1231- 0029)
- ‘Romancing the Guru-cool’ – probing the need for a mentor in 21st century educational systems as seen in contemporary cinema with ref. to its predecessors in European Cinema – to be published in LOOK EAST, (ISSN NO. 1231- 0029) 2010 issue.
- Submitted and published a paper at U.G.C sponsored National Seminar on the Imagination of nationalism in early Indian cinema and its reflections on the shifting perspectives of colonial and post-colonial cinema, 2017.
Seminars & Workshops:
- UGC sponsored seminar :‘On the Frontline: Interpretations of War in Literature, Media and Reportage, from the Nineteenth Century to the Present’, organized by the dept. of English, Film Studies and Journalism in association with Hindustan Times (26th & 27th Feb. 09) at Loreto College.
- Made a presentation on The present condition of teaching Film Studies – in West Bengal, for the baseline survey organized by the The Media Lab, Jadavpur University supported by Sir Ratan Tata Trust, Mumbai for a workshop for media teachers on 21st Feb. 2009.
- Organized a four day short film-making workshop for the students of Rishi Bankim Chandra Evening College, Naihati, in Dec. 2012 in collaboration with The Media Lab, Jadavpur University, supported by Sir Ratan Tata Trust, Mumbai.
- AS A RESOURCE PERSON for a UGC sponsored Foundation Course in Human Rights : Cinema and Human Rights, Venue: RBC Evening College, March 2008.
Contribution in formulation of new syllabus :
WBSU 2009 & 2017, C.U. (Post graduate M.A. course) 2017
881 total views, 3 views today