About the Department
The Department has started its journey from June, 1969 as Department of Physics, Rishi Bankim Chandra College, Evening Section and continued up to 1984; it was then under the affiliation of University of Calcutta. After 1984 it assumes its position as Department of Physics, Rishi Bankim Chandra Evening College under the affiliation of University of Calcutta. 2008 onward this Department comes under the affiliation of West Bengal State University and continuing its journey towards excellence till date.
Course Run by the Department
CBCS General Degree Course comprising of 6 semesters under West Bengal State University.
- Well equipped laboratory
- Water Purifier with cooling system for Staffs and Students
- 02 desktop computers, 01 laptop computer, 01 colour photo printer-scanner, Internet facilities
- LCD Projector (in seminar room)
- Microphone with amplifier (in seminar room)
- A seminar organized by the department on “Glimpses of the Legend – Stephen Hawking’s work on Black Holes and Big Bang” on 13th April, 2018. Dr. Mira Dey, Retired Professor of Department of Physics, Presidency University graced the occasion as Speaker.
- Course Distribution across Semesters (under CBCS)
- Syllabus – under CBCS Regulation
- Syllabus – under Old Regulation
- Departmental Routine
- Academic Calendar for Physics General Course
Previous Year Questions
Semester I - 2018, 2019
Semester II - 2019
Semester III - 2019
Semester IV -
Semesterf V -