About The Department
The Commerce Department of the college was established in 1947 as part of the Rishi Bankim Chandra College (Evening Section) till 1984 and then trifurcated the college. It continued as the Department of Commerce under Rishi Bankim Chandra Evening College, affiliated to the University of Calcutta. Since 2008, the affiliation changed to the West Bengal State University and at present the college follows the syllabus and curriculum of WBSU.
Vision: Commitment to provide qualitative and value based education to the students in the field of commerce for making better life, environment and society.
- To empower the students sharing knowledge and guidance.
- To provide value based education for the developments of students.
- To generate motivation and free environment to the students.
- To build the students in such a way so that they could equip with the modern challenges of the world.
Objectives: In order to achieve the above said vision and mission, we are to committed-
- To attain excellence in teaching.
- To understand the modern challenges in commerce, trade and industry.
- To inculcate a sense of civic responsibility.
To monitor, asses and counsel the students in a regular basis.
- B. Com. Honours course in Accounting & Finance
- B. Com. General Course
- M. Com. Course in Accounting & Finance
Dr. Parashar Banerjee
Head, Assistant Professor
Prof. Ranjit Kumar Dutta
Dr. Dilip Kumar Karak
Prof. Biplab Saha
Prof. Tanoj Mondal
Prof. Laxmikanta Das